- Absolute and total belief and acceptance in all the revealed Scriptures of Allah.
لَقَدْ اَرْسَلْنَا رُسُلَنَا بِالْبَيِّنٰتِ وَاَنْزَلْنَا مَعَهُمُ الْكِتٰبَ……
Indeed We have sent Our Messengers with clear proofs, and revealed with them the Scripture…
It is the third article of faith and refers to the revelation from Allah to humankind. The revelations of these books were sent as a mercy from Allah to provide guidance for humanity to get success in this life and in the life hereafter. Also, the Qur’an stands as the final revelation for all humankind, until the Day of Judgment and, thus, Allah has protected the Qur’an from any distortion or tampering
Quran: Verily We: It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’n) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption) (2).
There are 4 aspects to this belief:
- First to believe that these books were truly revealed from Allah.
- Second to believe the books that are mentioned in the Qur’an and/or authentic hadith: theTaurahrevealed to Musa (as); the Zaboor revealed to Da’oud (as); the Injeel revealed to‘Eesa or Isa (as); the Qur’an revealed to Muhammadﷺ; the “pages” revealed to Ibrahim (as) and Musa (as) and to belief that are not mentioned. It is important to note that, the previous revelations have been distorted and/or added to. Therefore, the Muslim believes in the Taurah, but does not have to believe in the first five books of the Old Testament
- Third is to believe in everything that Allah had revealed in these books, — the Muslim has no choice in this matter; if a person rejects any part of revelation then he/she has negated belief in Allah’s “books.”
Quran:Do you, then, believe in some parts of the Book, and disbelieve in others? So, what can be the punishment of those among you who do that, except disgrace in present life? And, on the Day of Judgement, they shall be turned to the most severe punishment. And Allah is not unaware of what you do. (3)
- Fourth is to act according to the Qur’an —regardless of whether or not a person understands the wisdom behind its statements.
1 Quran 57:27
2 Surah al-Hijr 15:9
3 Surah al-Baqara 2:85
All Praise are due to Allah
Collected and written by
Amir Amin Lone
Admin: Academy Of Quran
Student: Muslim Students Board
26-Aug-16 3:23 PM
1 Software: Easy Quran and Hadith
2 Book:عقیدۃ Muslim Students Board
4 website: Ask Islam Pedia www.askislampedia.com
5 (Pdf): The authentic creed