- Belief in “His Angels”
…وَمَنْ يَّكْفُرْ بِاللّٰهِ وَمَلٰۗىِٕكَتِهٖ وَكُتُبِهٖ وَرُسُلِهٖ وَالْيَوْمِ الْاٰخِرِ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلٰلًۢا بَعِيْدًا
…and whosoever disbelieves in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, and the Last Day, has indeed gone far astray.
It is the Second article of faith, which is an essential belief of Islam as it leads to belief in the Qur’an; it was the role of Angel Jibreel to bring the Qur’anic revelations to the ProphetMuhammadﷺ then belief in the Qur’an cannot be confirmed unless a person believes in the angels. Also, angels submit fully to the commandments of Allah and have no choice in that matter.
Hadith: ‘Aishah reported that the Prophetﷺ said: “The angels were created from light, the jinn were created from a smokeless flame of fire, and Adam was created from what has been described to you.”
There are 5 aspects of belief in angels:
- To believe that they actually do exist.
- To believe in their names these names include Jibreel, Malik, Malik ulmuut, Mikhael and Israfil.
- Thirdly, angels have specific attributes as mentioned in the Qur’an authentic hadith. These attributes
وَاِنَّ عَلَيْكُمْ لَحٰفِظِيْنَ . كِرَامًا كَاتِبِيْنَ . يَعْلَمُوْنَ مَا تَفْعَلُوْنَ
- include being able to change form, such as the human form that Jibreel took in this hadith . Also, their actual form, the 600 wings of Jibreel.
- To believe in the actions that angels perform—again, as revealed in the Qur’an and/or authentic hadith. Some of them include Jibreel’s role as “life of the heart,” meaning the angel who is in charge of revelation; Mikhael’s role in rain and vegetation; Israfil’s role in blowing of the trumpet; those who bearthe Throne of Allāh , those who guard Paradise and Hell and the role of the two angels who accompany every human being to record his/her deeds.
But verily, over you (are appointed angels in charge of mankind) to watch you. Kirman (honourable) Ktibn writing down (your deeds). They know all that you do. 
1 Quran 4:136
2 Sahih Muslim
3 Sahih Muslim Vol 1: 6
4 Quran 40:7
5 Quran 82:10-12
All Praise are due to Allah
Collected and written by
Amir Amin Lone
Admin: Academy Of Quran
Student: Muslim Students Board
AlJumaa, 23 Thoul Ki’dah 1437
1 Software: Easy Quran and Hadith
2 Book:عقیدۃ Muslim Students Board
4 website: Ask Islam Pediawww.askislampedia.com
5 (Pdf): The authentic creed